- Perfect for any skin type
- For the softest most moisturized skin
- Available in an 8 oz. clear plastic jar
Beautifully whipped, this is not an oil and sugar mixture, no, so much more. This is a beautifully fluffy, whipped scrub and when mixed with water, a lotion-like consistency is created through the emulsification of the special blend of oils, butters and water. We use sugar because sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturize skin, but protects it from toxins as well.
Read more about how good sugar is for the skin in an article from our Blog. Gently scrub until the sugar melts. It will feel oily at first, but don’t worry, and please, please resist the urge to wash it off with soap. Simply rinse off with plain water, pat dry, and your skin will feel amazing. You won’t even need a moisturizer after your shower!
Please Note: Very often, commercial brands, in order to make a product unscented, will put chemicals into the formulations to remove or mask any scents that may be present. Since we use NO chemicals in our formulations, the natural ‘earthy’ scent of the butter will be present in this Unscented Moisturizing Sugar Scrub.
Since our products are made completely chemical free, they will feel and behave differently than the commercial brands that you may be used to. This product contains no preservatives, because of this, it is recommended that no water get into the jar. How do you do that, after all it’s a shower scrub . . . we recommend before getting into the shower, scooping one usage amount of scrub out of jar, putting it into a smaller container and taking the smaller container into the shower. This way the remainder of the scrub will be protected from the water. We realize that this is a bit inconvenient, but the greater benefit is being able to use a chemical free product! Please keep in mind that the oils in the scrub might make for a slippery tub or shower.
- Shea Butter, Hemp Seed Butter, Pure Cane Sugar, Pure Raw Sugar, Rice Bran Oil, Vitamin E Tocopherols, Vegetable-Derived Emulsifying Wax, Carrot Seed Oil, and Fruit and Flower Essential Oils for scent.
- Use when skin is warm and wet. Rub gently into skin with either your hand or a washcloth to exfoliate and moisturize. Scrub until the sugar melts then continue massaging the nourishing oils into the skin. As you massage it will feel oily but please resist the urge to wash it off. After massaging for a few minutes rinse with warm water. Dry skin as usual. Skin will be so silky and moisturized you won’t need a moisturizer after your shower!
For a Full Regime add one or more of the products below!
Here's how to use them all together
- A good pure and gentle body wash is a perfect pairing for the Whipped Sugar Scrub. Our African Black Shower Soap is one of the purest soaps out there. Scented with the fresh scent of eucalyptus, you will feel like you just stepped into a spa! Use the shower soap just as you would any shower soap.
- After washing with the Black Soap, your skin is ready for a moisturizing scrub. One thing I should say here is that I always recommend you first scoop out the scrub that you'll use in the shower, and put it into a plastic bowl and take THAT into the shower with you. The reason for this is none of the Sans products contain preservatives (because there are no natural preservatives). Since there are no preservatives, water should not get into any of the products.
- Use the scrub when skin is warm and wet. Rub gently into skin with either your hand or a washcloth to exfoliate and moisturize. Scrub until the sugar melts then continue massaging the nourishing oils into the skin. As you massage it will feel oily but please resist the urge to wash it off. After massaging for a few minutes rinse with warm water. Dry skin as usual.
- We should point out at this point, that the goal here is to melt the sugar and allow it to mix with the special blend of butters and oils. It is this combination of melted sugar and oils that the skin loves. Then massage for a few minutes, really massage this mixture into your skin!
- After stepping out of the shower, your body will be wonderfully moisturized but don't forget your face. Press a few drops of the Nourish Face Serum on your face, massage it in gently. Read more about the essential oils contained in all of our serums on our Blog.